Saturday, November 19, 2011

Barcelona

Barcelona was beautiful. A little rough around the edges at night, but I loved the architecture, the history and the atmosphere. Gaudi's buildings: Casa Battló and Casa Milá, as well as Park Guell were very impressive. La Sagrada Familia, the church that has been in ongoing construction since 1909, was incredible with its stained glass, extremely high ceilings, etc. After seeing it all on an episode of Rick Steve's it was awesome to finally be there. We visited the famous market on Las Ramblas and the parliament building as well.

Why are the neighbors playing "Oh Holy Night?" Don't they know it's not even Thanksgiving yet? hahaha.

This week I talked to new friends from Spain and Italy about the Celtics--they love the Celtics (but they also like Pau Gasol since he's from Spain). I hope that I'll get a chance to go to a basketball game in Seville with them some time.

With less than a month left of my study abroad experience, I think I've fulfilled all my goals and more. I am very excited to come back home and be back at GW but of course I will miss the friends I met here from around the world, but I know we'll all keep in touch. I just have to make sure to keep practicing my Spanish when I get back, so that I can keep improving.

The other day I made fried chicken for some friends here. I was very impressed with myself and they liked it--they wanted to have an "American" meal. Since Thursday is Thanksgiving I might try to make a pie or something Thanksgiving-y this week. We have a Thanksgiving dinner with everyone from our program which will definitely be fun. And then the next day I am going with a friend to Paris for the weekend to see some GW friends! It will be great :)

The other day I started English tutoring for a 6 year old girl. I'm just going to help her improve her English vocabulary and her accent. She is so cute!!

That's all for now! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Love, Jennie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having an AMAZING time! Enjoy every minute! Can't wait to see you in a month XOXOXO!

    Lots of Love,
    Kate, Sebastian & Lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete